Invest in Fundraising Success
Coach on Call offers flexible, customized assistance for a select group of Cause Effective clients.
We are your on-call fundraising and governance coach, bringing you our fundraising and organizational development expertise, strategic thinking, and coaching for an annual discounted fee.
Download the flyer and FAQ here: Coach on Call 2017
One of the greatest strengths that we offer is the ability to get into the trenches with you. We brainstorm and troubleshoot on the big picture goals, help hone them to manageable to-dos, and then provide coaching on how you can bring your plans to fruition.
I am an Executive Director. How can Coach on Call help me?
Coach on Call helps executive directors with hands-on problem solving at the same time as we provide a safe space for reflection and long-term institutional planning.
- Coach on Call can help you focus your energy on meeting your fundraising goals each and every month
- We can guide your efforts to build your organization's relationships with major donors
- We will offer support and thought partnership to help you manage your board
- And we will hold your feet to the fire to help ensure that you are using the resources at hand (including your time!) to the best effect
What are some Coach on Call success stories?
A board member was asked to visit a major donor prospect for the first time. Cause Effective provided talking points and worked with the director on the phone to walk him through the thinking and practical aspects of that visit.
Result: A $10,000 first time gift
A Director of Development wasn’t sure how to work effectively with her board fundraising chair. Cause Effective provided coaching support to help her understand the power of secondary influence so that the board began to feel ownership.
Result: A 75% increase in special event revenue
An Executive Director wanted to increase board-wide giving. Cause Effective provided board governance samples, and templates to support the board adopting its own fundraising commitment form.
Result: A 100% giving policy, with a five-fold increase in board giving
I am a Development Director. How can Coach on Call help me?
Coach on Call can help you strategize around the major areas of your job.
- We can help you figure out how to start or revamp an individual donor program, plan and implement an annual giving campaign, reach a major donor prospect, or create a successful annual appeal
- We can help you expand your board's involvement in fundraising, increasing their accountability and motivation for making the ask
- If you have a gala or anniversary coming up, we can help you build a special events campaign that reaches your fundraising goals and boosts year-long support
I am a Board Chair or Board Fundraising Committee Chair. How can Coach on Call help me?
Coach on Call helps board leaders figure out how to draw the most out of the board.
- We help board chairs address governance issues such as leadership transitions, founder's syndrome, and achieving a productive board-staff partnership
- We coach fundraising committee chairs on how to motive their fellow board members
- We activate your board's governance committee, and reinvigorate teams to work more effectively together
- We provide guidance to individuals who are new in their board leadership positions
What is included in this program?
Coach on Call Basic provides up to 12 hours of customized consulting assistance annually plus an additional in-person board-staff training on fundraising or governance topic of your choice.
Coach on Call Plus provides up to 30 hours, plus additional support such as a board-staff retreat, and additional training time customized to your organization's needs.
Both programs include opportunities to meet with fellow participants in issue-focused roundtables, as well as access to the full range of Cause Effective's fundraising and governance materials.
How much does the program cost?
Coach on Call Basic is $2,400.
Coach on Call Plus levels range from $3,000 to $6,000, depending on how many hours you need to create maximum impact for your organization.
Do funders pay for this program?
Sometimes funders, board members, or even individual donors who understand the importance of capacity building will support your work with us. They appreciate how an investment in our assistance can leverage much greater support in the form of revenue for the organization.
What is the deadline to join the program?
We recommend signing up by January 31st. That way, you can get first priority in scheduling your calendar of meetings and calls with your consultant.
I'm interested. What do I do?
Past Coach on Call Clients Include: