A healthy, effective board is essential to helping nonprofits thrive. Yet many boards need assistance to build and maintain their ability to govern and support the nonprofit missions they care about so deeply.
Cause Effective consults on a range of board needs: boards that lack clarity on their governance responsibilities; those that simply need a brush-up on their fundraising skills; and those with precipitously low board member participation levels.
We work on board member recruitment and replacement, as well as revitalizing current board involvement. Our governance/board development consultations help nonprofits:
- Build a board that serves as an asset to the executive director
- Motivate board members to solicit support as well as to give themselves
- Educate board members to understand their roles, and the skills needed to carry out the board’s key functions
- Develop a board structure consisting of the most effective committees for that organization at that point in time
- Run board and committee meetings to use people’s time effectively
- Recruit new board members who will take the board to the next level in fundraising and impact
- Place people in the right leadership positions who are knowledgeable about how to drive the organization forward
Our governance/board development consultations don’t simply help board members understand what their responsibilities are, but help the entire board to fulfill its role as part of a dynamic partnership with staff leaders. Our work ranges from intensive one-day board retreats to longer-term complete overhauls of board activation, productivity, and fundraising ROI.
Contact us to discuss how we can help boost your board's effectiveness.
“Cause Effective’s thoughtful advice on planning for long-term growth has been a great investment in our board’s development.”
– Erin Shakespeare, Board Chair, Brooklyn Boatworks