Cause Effective strengthens the nonprofit sector by helping organizations build engaged communities of supporters. We transform people, culture and systems by coaching nonprofits to learn, carry out and sustain new approaches to fundraising and board leadership.
We envision a world in which vibrant nonprofits mobilize the people and support they need to create a better world.
The following values guide our work:
- Self-Determination: We believe that communities, and the organizations that serve them, have the right and ability to define and direct their own destinies.
- Integrity: We approach our work with honesty, respect for the individual, and high ethical standards.
- Commitment: We work in service of the organization’s mission and people, while putting the best interests of the organization first.
- Diversity: We intentionally and proactively seek diversity in the groups that we serve.
- Flexibility: We meet our clients where they are, facilitating a group process that is individualized, customized, and of their own making.
- Empowerment: We aim to build skills that last beyond our engagement and help our partners to achieve long-term impact.
"I have always considered support for Cause Effective as a highly leveraged investment in the success of the nonprofit community as a whole."
-- Paul S. McAuliffe, former board chair for Institute for Global Ethics and Cause Effective Donor