FOCUS ON FUNDRAISING PROGRAM
The Focus on Fundraising Program is designed for BIPOC nonprofit executive directors who want to build their leadership and fundraising skills to raise funds and work in partnership with staff and board to grow the organization. Executive directors will participate in conversations and exercises to build mission-driven philanthropy that helps them evolve as nonprofit leaders.
Cause Effective’s Focus on Fundraising: Building Power for Executive Leaders of Color is designed with the following program objectives:
- To develop current and future BIPOC nonprofit leaders who are confident and competent in their fundraising role, including:
- Building their personal fundraising skills, starting from an understanding that the CEO role requires care and feeding of the development function
- Learning how to enhance these skills in their staff and organizations
- Developing their ability to work with their boards to establish an effective fundraising team
- To enable greater mission-centered growth and impact as executive directors lead their organizations in raising more money in a more sustainable fashion
- To build bridges across race, gender, experience within a cohort setting for peer learning
Who can Benefit from the Focus on Fundraising Program?
BIPOC Executive Directors who come from backgrounds in program or advocacy, but don’t have knowledge of development work and fundraising experience:
- Executive Directors who work for under-resourced organizations
- Executive Directors who have to navigate the tensions that come up around the power dynamics of money, class and race
- Executive Directors who want to overcome any fears around fundraising and improve their communication and messaging
- Executive Directors with a goal to build bridges across race, gender, experience within a cohort setting for peer learning
Cause Effective’s Focus on Fundraising for Executive Directors will bring together 8-10 participants. Participant profiles include first-time BIPOC executive directors with less than 5 years in the role, with organizational budget sizes of $1-$8 million, development departments with 1-3 staff, and diverse missions. The program will launch in February 2021 and run through May 2021.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE 2021 PROGRAM IS JANUARY 5TH
To join the conversation, contact Cause Effective at email@example.com