Applications for Fall 2021 now open
Cause Effective Next Generation: Fundraising Activation for Rising Leaders of Color is designed for BIPOC senior managers in the nonprofit sector who want to build their fundraising skills to enhance their leadership potential. Nonprofit leaders will participate in conversations and exercises to develop their ability to drive mission-driven philanthropy, cultivate donor relationships, and raise the resources needed to grow their organizations.
Cause Effective Next Generation: Fundraising Activation for Rising Leaders of Color develops current and future BIPOC nonprofit leaders who are confident and competent in their fundraising role, including:
- Building their personal fundraising skills, starting from an understanding that all nonprofit leadership requires proficiency in the development function
- Learning how to enhance these skills in themselves and their organizations
- Developing their ability to work with others to establish an effective fundraising team
The ultimate result of Cause Effective Next Generation: Fundraising Activation for Rising Leaders of Color is greater mission-centered growth and impact as participants develop into fundraising-savvy leaders at the next tier of nonprofit management.
- Senior nonprofit managers of color inexperienced in fundraising will gain essential fundraising skills and competencies that will enable them to raise money for their cause from varied constituencies and to build donor relationships that can grow over time
- Organizations serving marginalized communities will enhance their ability to acquire and retain private dollars through the increased skills of a wider group of leaders who can attract private donor support
- Communities of color and under-resourced communities will become more highly leveraged as a result of the additional resources raised through successful private fundraising efforts
Applications are due September 24th; applicants will be notified by October 11th. This program has a $4,500 value but is provided at a lower cost of $3,000 to participants. Scholarships are available to grantees of select funder groups. In addition, subsidies are available for organizations with budgets at or below $2 million.
READ MORE ABOUT FUNDRAISING ACTIVATION FOR RISING LEADERS OF COLOR